Tuesday, April 18, 2017

YATP (Spring 2017)

Last week we conducted post assessments with the Wayne school district. One of our goals for the semester was to see physical improvements. All of the students performed all of the tests as best as they could and showed improvement in all of them (flexibility, body fat %, aerobic fitness level, and strength). All of the students also improved socially and have been more interactive than when they started this semester. There were also some parents, of current and potential new students, that came to see the program. They were very happy and thankful to have their children to be a part of YATP. I am looking forward to the program expanding. This week as they are on spring break, all of the coordinators are working on the student evaluations for the end of the semester.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena!
    That's great that the parents were so impressed. Was this the most improvement they showed out of all the semesters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! We were all really glad to see how far they got! Dr. Laughlin especially was very happy with the progress!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sheena,

    It is awesome to hear that the students are doing great socially as well! Do you think it will be an adjustment after spring break?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were hoping that they would follow their exercise and nutrition plans over spring break but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a cheat week!

      Delete
  3. Hey Sheena!
    It's great to hear that you are enjoying your internship and so are the students AND their parents. Are you back there? Were there any problems with the students over spring break?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear of any issues over their spring break but I'm assuming they had some cheat days! :)

      Delete